The Philippine Christian University welcomes all students who meet its academic standards and are willing to abide by the rules and regulations of the University. The University sets guidelines and policies to ensure that it accepts only those applicants who are potentially capable of gaining benefit from a Christian Institution.
Guidelines for Admission:
First Priority. Highly recommended for admission. He or she passed all the tests taken
Second Priority. Recommended for admission. He or she passed at least one of the tests taken
For Advisement. The dean decides the admission. He or she failed all the tests taken.
Admission of Incoming Freshmen
A freshmen student who wishes to enroll in college for a specific degree program for the first time must meet the following general qualifications: a high school graduate of a secondary school approved by the Department of Education and/or a recipient of a DepEd issued high school equivalency diploma.
All enrolling freshmen must accomplish Student Information Sheet from the Guidance and Counseling Office and must submit the following requirements to the Registrar’s Office:
- A Certificate of Good Moral Character (Principal)
- Form 138 (High School Card)
- For foreign students, an admission fee paid to the Accounting Office
- Form 137 (Official High School Transcript) sent to PCU Registrar’s Office upon request
- College Entrance Test (CET) scores or results from the Guidance and Counseling Office
- Four (4) copies of 2×2 ID picture
- Proof of residency, e.g. Barangay Clearance
Graduates of PCU High School are exempted from taking the CET except for BS Nursing applicants.
Admission of Transferees
A transfer applicant should pass the CET, accomplish Student Information Sheet from the Guidance and Counselling Office
and submit all the requirements as specified by the Registrar’s Office. The requirements for transferees are the following:
- Certificate of transfer credential (honorable dismissal)
- Certificate of good moral character
- Transcript of Records
- Four (4) copies of 2×2 ID pictures
Admission of Foreign Student
A foreign student must submit the following to qualify for admission:
- 9 (f) student visa. Requirements for securing the visa are (Photocopied in triplicate except #a)
- Five (5) copies of original personal history statement duly accomplished and signed by the applicant in English and in his national language, with a personal seal, if any, with original photos and original left and right hand thumbprints affixed thereat:
- Transcript of records/scholastic records (original and photocopy), duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in the country of origin or residence;
- A notarized affidavit of support with a bank statement or any proof of adequate financial support to cover expenses for the student’s accommodation and subsistence, as well as school dues and other incidental expenses, duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in the country of origin. Father’s certification that he is responsible for his son/daughter’s expenses while in the Philippines;
- Photocopy of birth certificate and/or passport, pages where name, photo, birth date, birth place appear;
- Certificate of good moral character from the principal of school or head of the institution last attended;
- Original and photocopy of the notice of acceptance (NOA) from the school containing a clear impression of the school’s official dry seal; and
- Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) and Certificate of Residence for Temporary Student (CRTS) upon enrolment.